Monday, October 25, 2010

Zooooom

Zoom

Hi. Remember me? The guy who used to post 20-25 posts a month here? Yeah, that guy.

I was photographing storm clouds rolling in over a corn field out in the open countryside west of Chicago way back in September. Shooting in between passing cars. Finally I thought, why not? I waited for the next car to come by and shot just as it passed. For no other reason than that it might make for an interesting shot.

I pretty much missed autumn as far as getting colorful fall pictures for myself. Most of my weekends were taken up with photography gigs and my weekdays with processing pictures. And it doesn't look like things will ease up any time soon. Not that there's a problem with that. I'm thankful for the work, much of it repeat business and referrals from happy clients. Gotta love that.

Not sure about the fate of this blog. It may wind up going the way of other abandoned blogs. Maybe I can come up with a theme for the winter months and post a series of shots here. Maybe it becomes a showcase for the professional stuff I'm currently doing. Dunno for sure.

I'm now into by-the-seat-of-the-pants video production. Picked up a client that keeps me busy producing short videos. Getting some inquiries for making more videos from here and there.

It's an interesting ride and I'm happy to see where it takes me.

2 comments:

SJW said...

James Jordan not covering the 2010 Autumn change!? Tragic! Really miss the escape of your daily photos. I know what the pull is like to have to live on the business side of the art scale instead of the free and open one. However, I'd encourage you to keep this particular outlet focused on the personal/wild side of your work.

Dave said...

I often pop in but rarley post so its good to hear that your venture has taken off. Why not use it as an advertising blog that way you get to post for your followers and few pictures and pick up work. Thanks for the shots.

Dave