Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Morning fog

I like how fog can make you see things more clearly when it comes to photography. These trees in a park near my home were part of another series of fog photos posted here earlier. Yet another series took advantage of a rare fog-shrouded winter morning. In fog, distracting backgrounds are reduced to hazy shades of colors that help isolate foreground objects. By obscuring, fog clarifies.

If only we can figure out how to make that work in politics or the corporate world. The obscuring part, we've got down.

The clarifying part needs work.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

moody photo, love it!

Jose said...

Are you kidding, clarifying politics, one can only dream. When I lived in L.A. I had to drive through many foggy mornings but in Phoenix fog does not exist.

Love the picture.

James said...

rik, thanks!

jose, I can hope, can't I? I was in Phoenix in mid-October ... it was pretty misty/rainy while I was there (although not for long). Beautiful area!

Anonymous said...

I also like foggy morning images. I ahve locations that I try when I discover early morning fog. The line of trees leading you into the image is very nice,