Sunday, June 05, 2005

Up On The Roof


Sometime you have to go out on a limb - or up on a roof - to get a unique image. I was walking along the ocean shore in Bermuda and saw these stucco stair-step rooftops, which are common on the island. To get a good amount of surf and sky in the picture, I realized I needed to be higher than I was. So I climbed up on a nearby roof (with the owner's OK) to get the view I was after.

Yeah, it takes some technical and artistic skill to get exceptional pictures. You also have to be willing to do things that the vast majority of photographers are unwilling to do - like get up real early or, in this case, work to find a unique vantage point.

In whatever I do, I try to do it in a way that 90% of everyone else hasn't thought of doing. I figure that puts me in the top 10% of the field.

Click on photo to enlarge. Copyright 2005 James Jordan.
Posted by Hello

No comments: