Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I got peace like a light bulb ...

I got peace like a light bulb

These things were pretty popular back in the 1970s. Light bulbs that contained symbols, messages, logos, you name it. They didn't give off much light, but that wasn't the purpose. You could have bought one for a couple of bucks back then. They're going for around 20 dollars on eBay these days.

I got hold of a couple of oldies but goodies from a friend to see what I could do with them, photography-wise. This was the first thought off the top of my head. A composite photo. Shot the lit bulb in a lamp fixture, then took a shot of my hand holding the same bulb. Put 'em together in Photoshop.

Speaking of "off the top of my head" ... I have an idea ...

Photograph © 2010 James Jordan.

3 comments:

SJW said...

Gooovy man!

Murph said...

If you need backing music for that other idea, go with Robyn Hitchcock's "The Man With the Lightbulb Head"!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Hmmmm...interesting, never have seen one of those before!