Monday, May 05, 2008

Doin' the dew

Yesterday morning was a dewy one. And, not being one to pass up an opportunity to catch an interesting photo when one appears, I plunged headlong into the moist vegetation. Literally. A sheet of plastic kept me mostly dry, but I still wound up in a water puddle I didn’t see.

I got a number of low-perspective shots of dewy goodness in the early morning sunlight. I’ll be posting those this week.

Dew shows up a number of times in the Bible. It signifies the blessings of God and the transient nature of life. One person used dew to make sure he understood what God was asking him to do.

Listen, O heavens, and I will speak; hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. Deuteronomy 32:1-2

The scientifically astute will recognize that this photo does not actually depict dew. I'll explain tomorrow. Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2008 James Jordan.

1 comment:

ChrisJ said...

I'm not scientifically astute, but I do know a little about birds trees and flowers. These have to be raindrops right? Because dew is formed from moisture inside he leaf being exuded, and these drops are at the tip of the leaf.... Well something like that anyway.
Am I right?