Thursday, August 31, 2006

Not the “A” shot

Last weekend was gray and cloudy, but toward the end of the day Saturday, it appeared that the clouds may break up, so I drove around looking for photo opportunities. As I neared a farm, the sun appeared, adding dimension to the clouds and bathing the landscape in warm reflected light. A barn a little further down the road afforded a great shot, but I thought that I’d explore a fence row closer to me before heading down the road.

While this shot captures the lighting and atmosphere, the location didn’t provide any compelling compositions. The barn shot would have been perfect. By the time I made it down to the barn, however, the sun had slipped back behind the clouds and the lighting was gone.

Lesson: Always go for the “A” shot first.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Great shot James! I don't know why you get so few comments on here because your photography is always such high quality - I think you need to do some promoting ;)

James said...

jem, must be folks are speechless :-P

It's a funny thing. I cross-post most of these photos on Flickr and usually get a number of comments on each one.

Oh, well.