Saturday, April 15, 2006

Slow burn

Rust is a chemical process of a substance combining with oxygen, causing the disintegration of the substance. So is fire. It just does the job a lot faster.

The heat from fire produces a myriad of useful applications. The heat from rust is barely noticeable. I’m not sure that rust has any application other than slowly dissolving automobiles and providing something of which for photographers to make pictures.

This is the final installment in a series of abandoned trucks.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

1 comment:

James said...

empress, I can tell you that I've owned a few vehicles that I would have just as soon put out to pasture or pushed over a cliff if I thought I could get away with it.

I guess some things are better left unknown.