Thursday, January 05, 2006

A different road

I’ve been to Door County, Wisconsin so many times, I’ve gotten to know the main roads quite well. This particular morning I decided to travel a road I had not taken before. This particular road - County Highway T – introduced me to new sights such as Logan Creek, a restored one room schoolhouse and numerous farms. The Google Earth image shows the location of this farm.

The creek and schoolhouse can be seen on previous posts. This is just one of many farms resting for the winter, waiting for spring to renew the cycle – plant, grow, harvest, rest. Really, the entire county is in rest, although it does stir from time to time throughout the winter.

I’ll post some photos in the days ahead that show what the locals do to ward off cabin fever.

Click on images to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

No comments: