Thursday, December 22, 2005

Looking back #5

Passing on what I've been blessed to have seen this past year:

Closer to home I had the opportunity to do some traveling this year, but ironically, I discovered a place filled with photographic opportunities just a couple of miles from my home.

McCornack Road is one of those places that sits on the edge of suburbia. Family farms operate as they have for generations, but do so in the shadows of approaching development.

This barn, photographed at sunset, sits a couple of hundred yards away from a new subdivision of luxury homes. It's just a matter of time before this now-unpaved road becomes the main entryway for the next new subdivision.

Click on pictures to enlarge. Photographs © 2005 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Cedar Waxwing said...

Lovely photos, as always, James.

I'll be close to these sights myself in about twenty-four hours, as we are traveling back to Elgin for the holidays.

Thanks to you and a few other bloggers, I am looking forward to the trip more than I have for many years.

Merry Christmas. I feel as if I've been given a wonderful gift this year.

Thank you.

Dona

James said...

Cedar,
The sights you'll be seeing are under a layer of snow, but still lovely nonetheless.

Enjoy your trip here.