Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Looking back #4

A retrospective of where I’ve been in the past year and the sights I brought back with me:

Quebec City I accompanied my wife to a business meeting in Quebec in October, and, while she attended meetings one day, I explored the old city. I got off the bus I had taken and had no real clue as to where to go, so I followed a group of Korean tourists as they went from sight to sight. They walked into a tunnel and decided there was nothing to see. After they cleared the walkway, I peered through and found a number of boys from a private school engaging in a game of football in an open courtyard.

I was taken by their bright red shirts against the gray and white of the buildings that surrounded them on four sides. I shot several frames from various locations in the courtyard until a teacher appeared and called an end to their game.

The old city is built on a bluff and is one of the largest walled cities still in existence. The location affords excellent views of the St. Lawrence River valley.

Click on pictures to enlarge. Photographs © 2005 James Jordan.

No comments: