Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Interim plan

Got the word back yesterday from the Best Buy Geek Squad about my computer. It was DOA. Kentucky Fried Motherboard. Can't complain for a computer I bought after Y2K (yes, that long ago). I was thinking about replacing it anyway. This development just got me thinking faster.

I was told they would happily recover everything on my hard drive for around, say, $450-550. Or do it for free if I were to buy my next computer at Best Buy. After perusing the Best Buy web site and deciding they had nothing I was interested in (too much cost for too little value) and that I wasn't all that attached to what was on my computer (I have backup CDs of my photos), I purchased one online at CyberPower. Five times the capacity of my old unit at less than half of what I paid for it. Have it in 7-10 days.

In the meantime, I will try to set up a spare laptop to get this blog going again ... hopefully tonight.

No comments: