Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Dog in truck

Dog in truck

I was riding down the road with a couple of friends back about 25 years ago. One of them shouted, "Look up ahead! There's a dog with a truck under it!" The other looked around in panic. "Oh, no! Where?" It took him a second to realize, once he spotted the pickup truck with the dog sitting in the bed, that he'd been had.

Since then, I replay that scene in my head whenever I see a dog sitting in a pickup truck. And if I happen to have a camera when I see one, I take its picture.

This one was in the parking lot of the Railroad Park in Rochelle, Illinois. Master had come to the park to watch the trains roll through town (Rochelle averages 80-120 trains a day). The dog by default also came to watch the trains. And the squrrels. And the birds. And whatever it is that catches a dog's attention every few seconds.

Photograph © 2009 James Jordan.

No comments: