Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Best buds

Best buds

A couple of weekends ago I participated in a community photo event. The idea was to go out and photograph within the confines of Elgin, Illinois and a 24-hour span of time. The theme of the event was "End of Winter."

I started out pre-dawn near the Fox River in downtown Elgin, then moved to Tyler Creek. I got lots of shots of ice and heavy frost in the early morning light. Not necessarily condusive to the "End of Winter" theme -- maybe more like "Winter's Cold Dead Fingers Need to Be Pried Off."

Later in the day I happened on a bush sporting large, bright red buds. The contest theme and the Red Rule beckoned simultaneously. You can't see it, but I'm counting on the fact that the jury of the competition will somehow feel the ankle-deep mud I had to slog through to get this photo.

Photograph © 2009 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely bokeh in this. Nice gentle lighting.