Monday, February 09, 2009

Embrace

Happy Moon Day. The full moon - the Snow Moon - makes its appearance today. I went for a photowalk with Roger last evening to try to catch the full moon rising. Hazy clouds hid the lunar disk for a while, but it did manage to peek through once or twice, though never really at full strength.

A quick set up when it did show itself enabled me to make one picture of the moon with a lone tree making a friendly gesture toward it. Other than a couple of levels adjustments in post processing, this is how the shot came out of the camera.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2009 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I woke up this morning I looked out my window and the moon was so very bright and beautiful I really was struck by it.

This is a beautifully framed shot. I love how you used the tree.