Sunday, January 04, 2009

Winter fog

This photo was taken at a local forest preserve on a foggy winter day in late December. The day had begun with patches of dense fog and I set out to see what photo possibilities would present themselves to me.

I pulled into the parking lot which was empty except for a county sheriff's car with two deputies sitting inside. Feeling extremely self conscious, I managed to make a couple of shots without leaving the parking lot, then packed up and left.

I'm not sure what they were doing in an otherwise empty forest preserve on a foggy winter day. They were probably wondering the same thing about me.

Post processing details, for those who dig this kind of stuff: High Pass effect added with Photoshop Elements 6, levels adjustments, violet filter applied at 35%. Vignette added with elliptical selection tool, feathering and levels adjustment. Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2009 James Jordan.

No comments: