Thursday, September 04, 2008

Monolith

I'd like to say "Thank you" to all of you who left sympathetic comments yesterday about the loss of my day job. Today, the 24 newly unemployed from The Company will meet as a group with an employment counseling agency. It's sort of a last perk.

The agency will provide any and all of its services to each of us at no charge. We get to pick and choose those services which we think will benefit each of us. I plan to take advantage of whatever I can. Hey, why not?

About that face in the crowd from yesterday. I stuck around Crown Fountain until dusk fell and shot some photos of the monolith against the darkening sky. I could say something cliche like how the darkest times reveals what we're made of more brightly.

Wait, I just did. I also expect to be very proud of the gang of 24 today.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2008 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James,
Haven't left a comment for a while, but I do want to say, good luck and good hunting. As someone who had that experience with no warning at one point in life, I am very aware of how unnerving and shocking it can be. I wish you all the best.
V. Schroeder