Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Deer in the mist

Okay, so I noticed that it was a bit foggy this morning, so I thought I'd check out a wildlife sanctuary not too far from the house for picture possibilities. I find a nice little spot - small pond, grasses bent ever so gracefully, still water, fog shrouded hills and trees in the background. Beautiful. I set up the tripod, frame up the shot, get the exposure the way I want it and am ready to catch a few frames, when this punk kid wanders into the shot. Like totally photobombing the scene. What's a photographer to do?


And then, to make matters worse, a bunch of buddies show up. Sheesh.


They all high-tailed it out of there after this shot. But the damage was done. I just wasn't in the mood to take any more pictures after this.

Sarcasm.

Click on pictures to enlarge. Photographs © 2008 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Awesome series! Perfect light. I love it when everything comes together. You can't beat skill mixed with a little luck.

Anonymous said...

I was sorry to read about your job, but this might be one of the benefits of being between jobs. This is a great series. Best of luck in the job search.