Monday, January 14, 2008

On the shore of golden creek

When I first got serious about photography, I made heavy use of photographic filters. Recently, not so much. After seeing some of the work that John, a contact at Flickr had done using a graduated tobacco filter, I was inspired to purchase one and experiment with it myself. As the name implies, a tobacco filter is a yellowish/reddish/brownish color, much like the fingernails (or teeth) of a heavy smoker. It’s mainly used to add drama to an otherwise dull sky. The drama of a smoker’s teeth and fingernails is another story.

I used the filter during a recent snowfall and accidentally set the woods on fire.

Photograph © 2008 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

OK James, I really getting tired of telling you every day that's the best photo you've posted!!!

I just give up....you've never posted a bad one!!

Would you like me to be president of your fan club??? :)