Monday, March 05, 2007

Old meets new

There is a lot of irony in this photograph. It is the lens of an antique film camera, given to me by my wife’s father, taken with a digital point-and-shoot. Old meets new, or is it the other way around?

I was putting a Kodak Easy Share C633 through its paces, to see what I could get out of it and impressed myself. I’ve posted a description of the photo setup on my photo advice blog.

This old camera came from a day when all cameras were manual. You can’t get more analog than this baby. Everything is mechanical and every setting must be carefully considered, measured and adjusted before committing to opening the shutter.

By contrast, a press of the 633’s button set in motion an instant array of electronic operations resulting in the image you see above. About the only thing the two cameras have in common is a lens and a shutter button.

Oh, yes. And a human being using it to capture a vision.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Harravi said...

Cool!!!!!
Sir,
Can you tell me how to take a 360 image?
I was inspired by panoramic photography.So I wrote a post on my blog
w5h-avi
But I need information about how to be a panoramic photographer.If you know please help me.