Saturday, January 13, 2007

Schoolhouse in winter

The Centerville Schoolhouse dates back to the 1880s and sits in a park in West Dundee, Illinois. On the day that we got our only snowfall of the winter thus far, I headed over to the park to get some photos before sunset.

After taking this photo I wandered over to the schoolhouse. The sun had just set, but the eastern sky displayed some marvelous coral hues, so I framed up the schoolhouse to catch some of the sky. I applied the Orton process to create a nostaligic feeling in which to set the 125-year-old schoolhouse. The original photo is shown at right.

Looking for some photo tips you can start using right away to improve your pictures? Head over to my photo advice blog, Ready, Aim Click.

Click on pictures to enlarge. Photographs © 2007 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.