Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Night watch

I'm revisiting some photos from my archives in between holiday activities (and until I can find some time to get out and shoot some more pics), and for some reason, I've been drawn to my stash of lighthouse pictures. Maybe it's the serenity of the scenes or the things that lighthouses represent - guidance, wisdom, steadfastness, strength.

This is the canal light at Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, seen through an outcrop of beach grasses. And yes, I threw the lighthouse out of focus on purpose. We go through our days focused on the activity of life around us, while in the background, the God who is guidance, wisdom, steadfastness and strength continues His watch. For that, I am thankful.

Hope your holiday season is going well.

Peace.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image. Lovely colors. I really like that you've chosen to frame the lighthouse with the grasses. Wonderful shot.

Sunflower Optimism said...

Wow - is the lighthouse really red? Beautiful shot, lovely words.

Wishing you a blessed Christmas!