Friday, December 01, 2006

Autumn's over

Autumn didn’t go out in a blaze of glory here in northern Illinois. It more or less crept out, whimpering, as it usually does here. But boy, did winter make an entrance! Several inches of snow covers the ground and it’s still falling at about an inch per hour.

The photo above is for the autumn that never was here in Illinois. It’s actually several years old – it was one of my first efforts when I first seriously went after photography a few years ago.

Hopefully I can get out later and catch some snowy pictures.

Inspirational photo

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Looking forward to those snow pics. My daughter-in-law took some of their puppy for a Christmas card. They got quite a bit in Aurora.

James said...

sheila, I live about a half-hour north of Aurora and yes, we did get about a foot of snow, with some blowing drifts here. Snow pics are on their way!