Monday, November 06, 2006

Whiterock, New Mexico

The landscape north of Santa Fe, New Mexico was more than enough to inspire my inner Ansel Adams during the recent road trip my wife and I took between Phoenix, Arizona and our home in suburban Chicago.

The photo above was taken near the small town of Whiterock, New Mexico. A town park offers a spectacular view of the Rio Grande valley and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the distance. I processed the photo in black and white to pay homage to Adams. I think black and white really helps play up the ruggedness of this region.

Just a little north of Whiterock is the small village of Hernandez, where Ansel Adams took his famous moonrise photo. I can see why he spent a lot of time here. It's a fascinating portion of God's creation.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ansel,

Nice distances. I like the B&W presentation.

Nick