Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Waiting

As fall gives way to winter here in the upper Midwestern U.S., the weather can seesaw back and forth until the incoming season gains its foothold. Such will be the case in the next 24 hours. We've been enjoying temperatures into the 60s. The mild weather ends today as a cold front ushers in wind, snow and temperatures that will struggle to get out of the 20s.

We'll see how much snow. And hopefully, it will afford the first photo opportunities of the winter.

Stay warm. I know I'll try.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot!! :-)

Sheila said...

James, I look forward to seeing some winter shots. My son told me how warm it had been lately. He'll be traveling south for Christmas and will avoid, I'm sure, a White Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot, James. It's quite warm down here in Atlanta this week. I'm ready for some cooler weather myself.

abhi said...

Beautiful shot!

James said...

tetsu, thanks! good to hear from you again!

sheila, yes, it's definitely white here, and probably will be for christmas.

otto, you're welcome to some of the cold weather. It dropped to about 5 degrees last night! I'd like to get out and do some pictures by lunar light, but I know it's going to hurt!

Thanks, abhi!