Saturday, August 05, 2006

Little Outlet Mall on the Prairie

Just a little beyond where I took the preceding sunset photos lies the Prime Outlets mall in Huntley Illinois, at the junction of Interstate 90 and Illinois 47. It sits in the middle of a wide, flat expanse that used to be prairie land.

I can imagine that when Charles Ingalls got tired of the Little House his family was living in, that they packed everything in a wagon in search of the Big Woods of Wisconsin. They probably stopped here on their way to Lake Geneva to pick up some sundry items, maybe some clothing for Laura and Mary at Carter’s or Oshkosh B’gosh, and a little something special for Ma at Ann Taylor. Then after a snack in the food court (which probably included a monster cinnamon roll) they were on their way to a new life and literary history.

I can imagine, can’t I?

This is my 450th post on Points of Light, which represents nearly 500 photographs. Scroll down to the archive, pick a month, any month, and see what else you may have missed. It's free.

Click on pictures to enlarge. Photographs © 2006 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Reeholio said...

Wow, what fantastic photos you have taken and posted here! I love your blog.

Rhys

James said...

rhys, thank you, I'm glad you enjoy them.