Friday, July 07, 2006

Walk this way

As the Chinese saying goes, the journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step. These pavers offer blessings in Chinese as you begin the journey through my father’s garden, a fifty-year-long recreational project at my boyhood home in Michigan.

Internal motivations have directed my dad to change to the landscape around his home over the years and add touches and details that are uniquely his. I can see that I walk pretty much the same path as my father. I imagine my dad's creative impulses are not much different than the internal motivations that direct me to see and take pictures. In these photos, the creative motivations of two people separated by a generation meet.

More to come.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for cool paving stones for a landscape project and came across your dad's path - it is exactly what we want. Then I took some time to explore your other photographs and they are brilliant. You have such a good eye and amazing talent. Thanks for sharing the beauty. -Erica