Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I love a parade

Morrice, Michigan is a sleepy little town of 700 located between Lansing and Flint. Last Saturday the town woke up to put on an Independence Day parade. My wife and I, along with our youngest son (who just graduated from college) arrived in town on a visit to my parents.

Not long after we arrived, a parade began staging off the main street, eventually snaking around the corner lot on which my parents’ house sits. The parade wound its way around eight of the village’s nine blocks. I took a few shots of the parade participants, then spent some time later in the day taking pictures of the town in which I had spent my childhood. After nearly 20 years away with only the occasional visit, I found some things unchanged and some things radically different.

The ladies above were one of 53 participant groups, and allowed me to take several shots while they waited their turn to step off.

More small town pictures to come. Happy Independence Day.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

No comments: