Saturday, April 22, 2006

Retrospective #2: Bermuda roof tops

I spent a week last April in Bermuda, an archipelago that features stucco homes, cement roofs, pastel colors and crystal blue water. On a walk along Shoreline Road on the southern coast of the main island one morning, I spotted a condominium complex overlooking the rocky coast.

I wanted a shot of the rooftops against the sky and ocean, but my vantage point from the road was not high enough to get the shot I wanted. So I climbed on the roof of a nearby carport, which gave me better angle from which to shoot.

This was shot close to noon, which I rarely do because the light is too harsh that time of day. In this case, it helped bring out the unique blue tone of the Bermuda coastal waters and the geometric shapes of the roofline.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I love the picture, very pretty!