Monday, February 20, 2006

Treeline

The temperatures here have moderated quite a bit. Thankfully. It was painfully cold over the weekend, which explains why I spent my time indoors photographing a cello instead of venturing outside.

Here is a photo from a previous outside venture. The morning after a rather heavy snow found snow clinging to nearly every surface. The morning sun filtering through nearby trees threw shadowy stripes across the snow's surface.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

9 comments:

glenn said...

As staunch soldiers poised against the piercing of a mid-winter's breeze . . .

alicia said...

lovely stark contrust.

Snoo said...

What a beautiful picture. I was just craving a nice snowy scene. Thanks!

Snoo

Otto K said...

Beautiful image. The colors and composition are great.

James said...

glenn, very poetic. Thanks!

alicia, the contrast was what drew me to the scene in the first place.

snoo, glad I could satisfy that craving!

otto, thanks. Good to hear from you.

Empress Baggie said...

I'd love to run across that smooth snowscape!

James said...

Somehow I can imagine a royal snow angel being made ...

Empress Baggie said...

Several royal snow angels!

lisa-marie said...

Wow! That is beautiful!