Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Well-named body of water

This is Jordan Pond, a small lake located on Mount Desert Island in Acadia National Park in Maine. In the distance are North and South Bubble Mountains.

I mentioned previously that Maine and Minnesota are remarkably similar in their geological makeup and this area shows it – glacier-formed lakes and mountains strewn with rocks deposited as a mile-thick sheet of ice advanced and retreated.

After a couple of mini-ice age photos, I thought I’d return to the liquid variety of water for a bit.

Click on picture to enlarge. Glacially-oriented photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is shifting gears--but as usual it is a beautiful photo. So many different moods and looks of water. I have been able to recommend your blog to a few friends and they have all enjoyed it and thanked me.
V. Schroeder

test said...

James- great recent photos. Love your winter shots. Thanks for checking into my site (Devonaire Eye) and leaving your comment to check in on me. It's been a while since I posted but the work pace has been demanding lately. Hope to get back in the swing before long. I've been kicking around changing cameras. Would you care to share which camera you like working with? Thanks, Craig

prying1 said...

Where is my fishing pole?

Nina Kuriloff said...

This is a very beautiful shot of one of my favorite places in Acadia National Park!