Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Well-named body of water

This is Jordan Pond, a small lake located on Mount Desert Island in Acadia National Park in Maine. In the distance are North and South Bubble Mountains.

I mentioned previously that Maine and Minnesota are remarkably similar in their geological makeup and this area shows it – glacier-formed lakes and mountains strewn with rocks deposited as a mile-thick sheet of ice advanced and retreated.

After a couple of mini-ice age photos, I thought I’d return to the liquid variety of water for a bit.

Click on picture to enlarge. Glacially-oriented photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is shifting gears--but as usual it is a beautiful photo. So many different moods and looks of water. I have been able to recommend your blog to a few friends and they have all enjoyed it and thanked me.
V. Schroeder

prying1 said...

Where is my fishing pole?

Nina Kuriloff said...

This is a very beautiful shot of one of my favorite places in Acadia National Park!