Monday, January 16, 2006

Lighthouse week: Photo #2

Cana Island Lighthouse, Door County, Wisconsin

A late afternoon snow squall line, having passed Door County, makes its way over Lake Michigan, creating a dramatic backdrop for the Cana Island Lighthouse.

I’m continuing a series of posts featuring photographs of lighthouses. My interest in lighthouses began several years ago when I procrastinated almost too long to buy a calendar. By the time I finally got around to getting out to a calendar shop, their inventory had been reduced to basically two titles – one featuring castles and the other, lighthouses. I had just started a new management position and I thought about what type of department I wanted to run – a fortress-like castle or a beckoning lighthouse. I chose the lighthouse calendar.

Lighthouses seem to fit my character (see the post “Just my Type” below). And the tag line for this blog (a quote from I don’t know where) seems to embody my philosophy of doing things.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot, glad you chose lighthouses!

James said...

v. Thanks. I am too. Glad you like it.