Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Cornering the cook's market


Cooks Corner in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, bills itself as the world’s largest kitchen supply store, and I’m not going to argue. It’s big all right. And it’s got lots of kitchen stuff. And it’s a place my wife can visit while I’m taking photos nearby at Manitowoc’s harbor. It’s all good.

This fella stands guard by the front door with a small sign advertising the daily specials. Cooks Corner is also home to the River View Café and Espresso Bar, which the people in the background of this picture are about to enter to enjoy a cappuccino and a pastry or take in a cooking class that was about to start when I stepped outside on my way to the harbor.

Don’t know if this guy has a name or not, but I was thinking maybe someone could suggest one and I can pass it on to the Cooks Corner people. Wolfgang Buck? Emeril “Fiber” Laglasse? Hugo Inventory?

OK, I’m done now.

Not quite. I’m honored to be a guest photo blogger today on the photo blog of Tan Eng Loy, who captures some intriguing images in and around his native Singapore. Thanks, Eng Loy, for the invitation.

Click on picture to enlarge (as if the guy needed enlarging). Photograph © 2005 James Jordan.

1 comment:

John said...

Love your photos!! The lighthouse image that you are "Guest Blogging" is awesome. Great work!!