Sunday, November 06, 2005

Beside quiet waters

While taking photographs of Tyler Creek, I spotted this quiet pool of water just upstream from the rapids I posted yesterday. I say “rapids” with tongue firmly planted in cheek because the rocks in yesterday’s photo were no more than 5 or 6 inches high. I purposely used a telephoto lens and cropped out any background that would help establish scale to give the impression of water cascading around large rocks.

But this pool did offer a chance for me to make a photo of calm and repose. The large rock (yes, this one WAS quite large) adds a feeling of stability to the scene. Having something firm upon which to stand in hard times goes a long way toward being able to live a life of calmness.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. Psalm 23:1-3

Click on picture to enlarge. Photo © 2005 James Jordan.

No comments: