Monday, October 24, 2005

It's about time


The sunset sky provides a backdrop to a commuter train station about a mile from my home. In retrospect I’ve discovered that a lot of my photography deals with travel, transition and time. It wasn’t necessarily planned that way, but I think the act of photography makes it unique as far as capturing those types of ideas. Of course, my view that we’re all travelers while on this planet feeds into what eventually lands on the film in my camera.

As moments flow by, the camera is able to grab one as it passes and record it for appreciation and study. Time is a precious commodity. Use it wisely.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. He has made everything beautiful in its time . He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11

Big Timber Rail Station, Elgin, Illinois. Photograph © 2005 James Jordan. Click on picture to enlarge.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Some of the skies in the burbs lately have been awesome - nice capture

Ahamed Iqbal said...

Nice shot, I like you kept enough detail in the building so that it wasn't just black.