Friday, September 16, 2005

Hand to mouth, er ... beak

My wife and I had taken the ferry from Ocracoke Island to Hatteras Island on our way back to the house we rented for the week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. She decided to head for the observation deck while I chose to grab a quick nap in the car in anticipation of a long drive later that day.

I woke up to the sound of laughter and screeching seagulls. Turning around to look out the side window, I saw a gentleman offering pretzels to a flock of gulls, greatly entertaining the group of people that was standing beside my car. He had attracted quite a following, both human and avian.

Shaking off the irritation of premature awakening, I grabbed my camera from the back seat, walked around the car and shot a few frames of the scene. The photo above was the next to last shot. It was after I took this frame that I noticed that as I had adjusted my position to get better angles on my shots that the flock of seagulls was now above me, and it was beginning to rain globs of white gooey stuff around me. One more quick shot and I was out of there.

Click on photos to enlarge. No automotive finishes or photographers were harmed in the making of these photos. © 2005 James Jordan. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ghone said...

Cool photo!