Monday, August 01, 2005

Savoring the summer - part 4


When it comes to savoring the pleasures of summer, ice cream generally does the trick for me. This is Wilson's Ice Cream Parlor in Ephraim, Wisconsin, at about the midpoint of the Door County peninsula.

Wilson's is a popular spot on warm Door County summer evenings. The place is usually crowded, but a full crew of college-age scoopers keeps the crowd moving at a reasonable pace. Wilson's has been in business since 1906.

I set up my tripod across the street and was working on long exposures in the fading summer twilight when a woman asked me if I was taking a "good picture" of Wilson's. She explained that she had tried several times to get a "good picture" of the place at night, but had not succeeded. I told her I was indeed trying to get a "good picture."

I think I got one.

Click on photo to enlarge. © 2005 James Jordan

What's in my blogroll: photo blogs
ShutterJunkie offers some stunning examples of macro photography. Just when you thought it was safe to go on a picnic

Swim Pig offers intriguing images accompanied by very witty titles. A fun photo blog.

Since I started Points of Light, I’ve tried to keep my eyes open for another blog similar to my own. Stray Matter comes close. Interesting photos and the stories that go with them.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: