Friday, July 29, 2005

Savoring the summer - part 3


I love anything that breaks light into fragments. I'm a sucker for old stained glass windows. Something like this does the trick, too. I especially love sunlight filtering through trees. I'm searching for a spiritual connection for this predilection. I'm not sure if I'll find one.

This scene, then, just naturally grabbed me by the throat. It was the view behind a pottery studio in Door County, Wisconsin on a typical summer day. Thousands of points of light were begging me to photograph them, so I obliged.

I took the photograph to savor the light of summer.

Wait. One spiritual connection just came to me. God is light and those who believe and follow in the way of the light are the fragments of His light and love.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Click on photo to enlarge. Copyright 2005 James Jordan
Posted by Picasa

No comments: