Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Point of Light: Wind Point Lighthouse


I’ve been to Wind Point Lighthouse, north of Racine, Wisconsin more than a half dozen times to take photos. I have yet to be disappointed with any of my trips there.

Wind Point Lighthouse is one of the oldest and tallest operational lighthouses on the Great Lakes. The grounds are picturesque in and of itself and offer many distinct vantage points from which to photograph. You can find several photos of this lighthouse in previous posts here.

When I arrived this particular evening, a crew was wrapping up the filming of a television commercial. They had dibs on most of the grounds, so I made my way over to a corner of the property and set up my camera with a telephoto lens and focused on the top of the tower. I used a 10-second exposure to catch a complete revolution of the rotating beacon and a blue filter to set the mood for the shot.

Quite a pleasant evening.

Click on photo to enlarge. Copyright 2005 James Jordan Posted by Hello

No comments: