Sunday, June 19, 2005

Casting Light


My interest in lighthouses began about 8 years ago when I took on my first management job. It was mid-year, and I needed a calendar for my new office. There were only two available at the book store I visited – one featuring photos of castles, the other depicting lighthouses.

I thought to myself, I’d rather act as a lighthouse as a manager than as a castle. Enlightening and inspiring was better than cold and unapproachable, I figured. So lighthouses it was. The lessons I learned in those early managerial years supported my choice, and along the way I fell in love with lighthouses and what they stood for.

Lighthouses also speak of the One who is ever present, ever vigilant to guide and lead me on the journey that is my life. That belief lies behind how I approach my photographic subjects. I share them with you in hopes that you may be inspired to consider God and the role He may play in your life.

Dawn, Grand Marais Harbor, Minnesota. Copyright 2005 James Jordan. Click on photo to enlarge. Posted by Hello

No comments: