Saturday, May 28, 2005

The Course Of Our Days


In looking for a photograph of a lifespan, the best I could do is this one of day lilies, taken in my backyard. Not too bad a choice. Day lilies beautify the day, rest, and then do it again the next day. And again. Until they die. Not a bad pattern to follow.

Today my youngest child graduates from high school. Her three older siblings are in various stages of creating their own lives. Some 6,500 days ago, I remember thinking about when my youngest would be finished with high school, how old my wife and I would be, and how very far away that day seemed to be.

That day is here.

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
Psalm 90:12


Technology vs. Beauty
Sometimes the good things in life can get in the way of the best things.


© 2005 James Jordan

No comments: